On September 14, 2000, programming software big Microsoft Company launched their newest model of Windows they called Windows ME. Initially, due to the year of launch, it was codenamed Windows Millennium and is sometimes recognized by that name even today. Windows ME was a hybrid working system combining each 16-bit and 32-bit technologies.
It was marketed as a home edition model of Windows as the other working system launched in 2000 Windows 2000 was typically considered a business application. Windows ME gave private PC users many new options that made their pc experience easier and extra convenient.
It supplied Web Explorer 5.5, Windows Media Player 7, and the new Windows Film Maker software, which supplied primary video editing and was designed to be easy for house users. Microsoft also updated the graphical user interface in Windows Me with some of the options that have been first introduced in Windows 2000.
Windows ME was an MS-DOS primarily based model like its predecessors however with entry to actual mode MD-DOS restricted for quicker system boot time. This was one of the publicized modifications in Windows ME because purposes that needed actual mode DOS to run akin to with older disk utilities. These older utilities would not run under the Windows ME working system.
Compared with different releases, Windows ME had a brief shelf-life. It was quickly replaced by Windows XP which was launched in 2001. The pc magazine PC World declared in 2006 that Windows ME was the fourth worst tech product of all time due to varied technical issues.
Despite that, Windows ME did present users with some developments that previous versions of Windows didn’t have together with:
* System Restore used to simplify troubleshooting and resolve problems easier
* Universal Plug and Play which allowed user to simply plug in a peripheral device and have it function properly
* Image Acquisition allowed for the working system software to transparently communicate with imaging units akin to digital cameras and scanners
* Computerized Updates which automatically downloaded and installed any important updates from the Microsoft web site with little user interplay
* Help and Assist within the type of an HTML program to allow user to search out and entry varied support for problems with the computer software
As a result of there were so many issues associated with the installation and operating of Windows ME, Microsoft rapidly addressed the problem and immediately began engaged on a brand new Windows model which, as weve already stated, would present up on the market about a year later. Similar to with another working system software, despite bugs and problems, constant tweaking and bettering is finished to make a better product.